King's Lynn power station
|Part of the Global Gas Plant Tracker, a Global Energy Monitor and Center for Media and Democracy project.|
King's Lynn power station is a 370-megawatt (MW) gas-fired power plant in Norfolk County, United Kingdom, under construction.
The map below shows the approximate location of the proposed power station in Saddlebow, Norfolk County, United Kingdom.
The combined cycle natural gas power station near King's Lynn in Norfolk was originally commissioned in 1997. It was mothballed on 1 April 2012. In 2017, installation of a new 370 MW gas turbine began, which was completed in November 2019.
- Sponsor: Centrica
- Parent company: Centrica
- Location: Saddlebow, Norfolk County, United Kingdom
- Coordinates: 52.7278311,0.379749 (exact)
- Gross capacity (operating): 386 MW
- Combined-cycle unit: 370 MW (started 2019)
Articles and Resources
- Centrica starts work on new gas turbine at King’s Lynn power station, Centrica website, February 24, 2017.
- King's Lynn Power Station, Wikipedia, last edited November 5, 2019.
- Operations begin at King's Lynn Power Station Lynn News, 19 November 2019
- Centrica Wikipedia, accessed Jan. 9, 2020