King's Lynn power station
|Part of the Global Gas Plant Tracker, a Global Energy Monitor and Center for Media and Democracy project.|
King's Lynn power station is a 382-megawatt (MW) gas-fired power plant in Norfolk County, United Kingdom.
The map below shows the location of the power station in Saddlebow, Norfolk County, United Kingdom.
The combined cycle natural gas power station near King's Lynn in Norfolk was originally commissioned in 1997. It was mothballed on 1 April 2012. In 2017, installation of a new 382 MW gas turbine began, which was completed in November 2019.
In 2020 Centrica sold the refurbished unit to RWE Generation.
- Sponsor: RWE Generation
- Parent company: RWE Aktiengesellschaft
- Location: Saddlebow, Norfolk County, United Kingdom
- Coordinates: 52.7278311, 0.379749 (exact)
- Gross capacity (operating): 382 MW
- Combined-cycle unit: 382 MW (started 2019)
Articles and Resources
- King's Lynn Power Station, Wikipedia, last edited November 5, 2019.
- Operations begin at King's Lynn Power Station Lynn News, 19 November 2019
- Centrica starts work on new gas turbine at King’s Lynn power station, Centrica website, February 24, 2017.
- Annual Report and Accounts 2020, Centrica, Apr 6, 2021
- RWE welcomes newly acquired King's Lynn Power Station to its large UK gas fleet, RWE Group, Feb 13, 2020