Kingline Ondo power station
|Part of the Global Gas Plant Tracker, a Global Energy Monitor and Center for Media and Democracy project.|
Kingline Ondo power station (also known as the Kingline Ondo Independent Power Plant (IPP) Project) is a proposed 1,100-megawatt (MW) gas-fired power plant in Ondo State, Nigeria.
The map below shows the approximate location of the proposed power station in Omotosho, Ondo, Nigeria.
The Kingline Ondo power station will be located on 111 hectares of land in the Ondo State Industrial Park, adjacent to the existing Omotosho power station. The project is currently in the development stages, but is expected to be commissioned by 2020 and to become fully operational in 2022.
As of May 2021 the commissioning dates have been pushed to 2022 and 2025.
- Sponsor: Kingline Development Nigeria Ltd.; Themis
- Parent company: Kingline Development Nigeria Ltd.; Themis
- Location: Omotosho, Ondo, Nigeria
- Coordinates: 6.7247, 4.6476 (approximate)
- Gross generating capacity (proposed): 1,100 MW
Articles and Resources
- Kingline Ondo IPP Project Kingline Development Nigeria, accessed November 2019.
- "Themis and Kingline partner to develop 550MW natural gas-fired power project in Nigeria" Denham Capital, Mar. 18, 2019.
- Kingline Ondo IPP Project Phase 1 & Phase 2, Kingline Development, accessed May 21, 2021
- Contact Us, Kingline Development, accessed May 21, 2021
- About Us, Kingline Development, accessed May 21, 2021
- Morocco-based Themis to Invest in New Natural Gas Power Plant in Nigeria, Morocco World News, Mar 27, 2019
- About Us, Themis, accessed May 21, 2021