Kinik coal mine
|This article is part of the CoalSwarm coverage of Turkey and coal.|
The Kınık coal mine is a lignite mine, operated by Polyak Eynez Mining Company, a subsidary of Fina Energy Holding, with a capacity of 5 million tonnes per annum, near Kinik, Izmir province, Turkey.
The mine will power the Kınık power station.
The map below shows the approximate location of the proposed mine near Kınık, Izmir province Turkey.
Polyak Eynez was licensed to operate the mine in 2014. In January 2019, the company announced they had extracted coal from the seam. In January 2020, the company announced that it would begin operating within several months.
- Owner:Polyak Eynez Mining Company
- Parent company: Fina Energy Holding
- Location: Kinik, Izmir province, Turkey
- GPS coordinates: 39.085627, 27.335387 (approximate)
- Mine status: operating
- Start year: 2020
- Mineable reserves: 250 million tons
- Coal type: Lignite
- Mine size:
- Mine type:
- Production: 5 MTA