Kipas MMP power station
|This article is part of the CoalSwarm coverage of Turkey and coal.|
Kipas MMP power station is an operating 57-megawatt (MW) coal-fired power plant in Söke, Aydın province, Turkey.
The satellite photo below shows the plant at the Kipas Holdings paper mill in Söke, Aydın province, Turkey.
Background on Plant
In March 2018 Kipas Holdings contracted with Valmet to build a multifuel power plant that would be operational by March 2020. The plant is fired by coal as well as paper and water treatment sludge, and plastic rejects. According to Turkey's Energy Market Regulatory Authority (EMRA) the plant's license has been in effect and the plant has been operating since April 2020.
- Parent company: Kipas Holdings
- Location: Söke, Aydın province, Turkey
- Coordinates: 37.7671967, 27.445695 (exact)
- Status: Operating
- Detailed status:
- Gross capacity: 57 MW
- In service: 2020
- Coal type: Circulating fluidized bed
- Coal source:
- Source of financing:
Articles and resources
- Valmet to supply a multifuel boiler to Kipas Holding's new paper mill in Turkey, Valmet, Mar. 29, 2018
- Valmet to supply a multifuel boiler to Kipaş Holding's new paper mill in Turkey, Bioenergy International, Mar. 29, 2018
- EÜ/9316-3/04503, EMRA, accessed May 2020