Kline Cogeneration Facility
Kline Township Cogeneration Facility, also known as Northeastern power station, is a coal-fired power station near McAdoo, Pennsylvania.
On August 24, 2018, plant owner Vistra Energy said it planned to close the coal plant by the end of the year, saying the plant was losing money.
The coal plant retired in October 2018.
The undated satellite photo below shows the power station near McAdoo.
- Owner: Vistra Energy
- Plant Nameplate Capacity: 57.5 MW (Megawatts)
- Units and In-Service Dates: 57.5 MW (1989)
- Location: 109 Silverbrook Rd., McAdoo, PA 18237
- GPS Coordinates: 40.873671, -75.994864
- Electricity Production: 299,816 MWh (2005)
- Coal Consumption:
- Coal Source:
- Number of Employees:
In February 2017 Dynegy bought the plant and 16 others from Engie (previously known as GDF Suez) for US$3.3 billion. Two of the plants are coal-fired: Coleto Creek Power Station and Kline Cogeneration Facility. The remaining 15 plants are gas-fired.
On April 9, 2018, Vistra Energy, the parent company for TXU Energy and Luminant, announced it had completed its merger with Dynegy. Vistra Energy will be the name of the combined company moving forward.
- CO2 Emissions: 423,096 tons (2006)
- SO2 Emissions: 898 tons (2002)
- SO2 Emissions per MWh: 5.99 lb/MWh
- NOx Emissions: 136 tons (2002)
- Mercury Emissions:
Articles and Resources
- Chris Martin, "Even in Coal Country, Trump Aid Won’t Keep This Power Plant Open," Bloomberg, August 24, 2018
- "Northeastern Power Co. cogeneration plant closes," Standard Speaker, Oct 27, 2018
- "Dynegy Completes Acquisition of ENGIE’s U.S. Portfolio," BusinessWire, February 07, 2017
- "Vistra / Dynegy Merger," Vistra Energy website, accessed August 2018
- Existing Electric Generating Units in the United States, 2005, Energy Information Administration, accessed Jan. 2009.
- Environmental Integrity Project, "Dirty Kilowatts: America’s Most Polluting Power Plants", July 2007.
- Facility Registry System, U.S. Environmental Protection Agency, accessed Jan. 2009.
- Carbon Monitoring for Action database, accessed Feb. 2009.
- NETL Coal Power Plant Database, National Energy Technology Laboratory, U.S. Dept. of Energy, 2007.
- AirData Query Database, U.S. Environmental Protection Agency, accessed April 2009.
Related SourceWatch Articles
|This article is a stub. You can help by expanding it.|