Koc Metallurgical plant
|This article is part of the Global Steel Plant Tracker, a project of Global Energy Monitor.|
Koc Metallurgical plant (Koç Metalurji A.Ş. (Turkish)) is an electric steel plant in Toprakkale/Osmaniye, Turkey.
The map below shows the location of the steel plant in Toprakkale/Osmaniye, Turkey.
This steel plant was founded as Koç Çelik in 2013. In 2016, the name was changed to Koç Metalurji (Koc Metallurgy). Koç Rolling Mill (Koç Haddehan), which was founded in 1993 is also now part of Koç Metalurji.
- Private/State ownership: private
- Parent company: Koc Metallurji S.A.
- Owner: Koc Metallurji S.A.
- Alternative plant names: Koc Steel (predecessor)
- Other language plant name: Koç Metalurji A.Ş. (Turkish), Koç Çelik (Turkish, predecessor)
- Location: Osmaniye Organize Sanayi Bölgesi Büyüktüysüz mh. Ali İlbeyli cd. No:17 Toprakkale/Osmaniye, Turkey
- GPS Coordinates: 37.014880, 36.104416 (exact)
- Plant status: operating
- Start year: 2013 (age 7–8)
- Production capacities (thousand tonnes per annum):
- Crude steel: 1200 (EAF)
- Production (thousand tonnes per annum):
- Crude steel: 1188 (EAF, 2017)
- Steel product category: long
- Steel products: billet, rebar
- Steelmaking process: electric
- Primary steel production equipment: 1 electric arc furnace (EAF) (100-tonne, 100 MVA)
Articles and resources
- KOÇ METALURJİ A.Ş., Turkish Steel Producers Association, Retrieved on: Jul. 28, 2020
- Koc Metallurgy to halt production in fourth quarter, Kallanish Commodities, Sep. 5, 2019, Retrieved on: Jul. 28, 2020
- Koc Metallurgy resumes production at below half capacity, Kallanish Commodities, Nov. 29, 2019, Retrieved on: Jul. 28, 2020
- Main Page (Turkish), Koc Metalurji, Retrieved on: Jul. 28, 2020
- DEMİR ÇELİK SEKTÖR RAPORU (2019), Turkish Ministry of Industry and Technology, 2020. Calculated using the capacity utilization given in Table 7-page 18.