Koderma Thermal Power Station
The Koderma Thermal Power Station is a 1,000MW power station comprising two 500MW units.
The undated satellite photo below shows construction underway at the project site, which is located in Gumla district, Jharkhand.
According to the India Central Electricity Authority, the first unit of the plant (500 MW) was "commissioned successfully (Full load)" on July 20, 2011. Unit 2 was commissioned in February 2013.
Sponsor: Damodar Valley Corporation
Location: Kamdara taluk, Gumla district, Jharkhand
Coordinates: 24.3915342, 84.5618989(exact)
Nameplate capacity: Unit 1: 500 MW; Unit 2: 500 MW
Coal Source: 4.62 MTP A Coal from MCL, and Saharpur Jamarpani Coal block jointly allocated to DSTPP & KTPP with proposed use with RTPP PH- I & II and before this MCL will supply coal
Estimated annual CO2:
Source of financing:
Resources and articles
Related GEM.wiki articles
- Damodar Valley Corporation, "Generation Overview", Damodar Valley Corporation website, accessed November 2011.
- "India Central Electricity Authority Monthly Report," India Central Electricity Authority, July 2011.
- "India Central Electricity Authority Monthly Report," India Central Electricity Authority, August 2013.
- DVC Koderma Thermal Power Plant India, Global Energy Observatory, accessed March 2012
- "Monthly Report on Broad Status of Thermal Power Projects in the Country" Government of India Ministry of Power, February 2012.