Kogan Creek mine
|This article is part of the Global Coal Mine Tracker, a project of Global Energy Monitor.|
Kogan Creek coal mine is owned and operated by CS Energy in the Surat Basin, Chinchilla, Queensland, Australia.
the mine provides power the the Kogan Creek power station.
The map below shows the exact location of the mine.
The mine is operated by CS Energy. Kogan Creek power station is a single-unit coal-fired power plant with a capacity of 750 MW. The plant was completed in 2007. An A$90 million overhaul of the plant was conducted between July 2019 and September 2019.
- Operator: CS Energy
- Owner: CS Energy
- Location: Surat Basin, Chinchilla, Queensland, Australia
- GPS Coordinates: -26.9384276, 150.7743816 (exact)
- Status: Operating
- Production Capacity: 2.8 mtpa
- Mineable Reserves: 310 Mt
- Total Resources 400 million tonnes (Measured and Indicated Resource) 
- Coal type: Subbituminous (Thermal)
- Mine Size:
- Mine Type: Surface, Opencast
- Start Year: 2007
- Source of Financing:
Articles and Resources
Related GEM.wiki articles
- Kogan Creek Power Station, Wikipedia, accessed Sept. 2015.
- $90 million overhaul for Kogan Creek Power Station, Utility Magazine, Jul. 15, 2019
- CS Energy, "Overview of Kogan Creek Mine", CWS Energy website, Accessed April 2020