Koniambo Nickel power station
Koniambo Nickel power station is a 270-megawatt (MW) coal-fired power plant in New Caledonia, a "special collectivity" (i.e., overseas colony) of France. The plant powers the Koniambo nickel mine.
The map below shows the location of the plant, in Koné Municipality, New Caledonia.
Background on Plant
Koniambo Nickel power station is a two-unit coal-fired power plant with a total capacity of 270 MW. The plant was completed in 2012, and is owned by Koniambo Nickel SAS. The plant powers the Koniambo nickel mine.
- Sponsor: Koniambo Nickel SAS
- Parent company: Koniambo Nickel SAS
- Location: Koné Municipality, New Caledonia, France
- Coordinates: -21.010213, 164.6839353 (exact)
- Status: Operating
- Gross capacity: 270 MW (Units 1 & 2: 135 MW)
- Type: Subcritical
- In service: 2012
- Coal type:
- Coal source:
- Source of financing:
Articles and resources
- Koniambo mine, Wikipedia, accessed Sept. 2015.