Kosse coal mine
Kosse coal mine is a surface mine, operated by Luminant Mining Company, a subsidiary Vistra Energy, producing 8.6 million short tons per annum, in Kosse, Texas, United States.
The mine provides fuel to the Oak Grove Power Station.
The map below shows the location of the mine, near Kosse, in Limestone county, Texas.
- MSHA ID: 4104586
- Start Year: 1980
- Operator: Luminant Mining Company LLC
- Controller: Vistra Energy
- Location: Kosse, Texas, United States
- GPS coordinates: 31.283245, -96.478669
- Production (short tons): 8,683,043 (2018)
- Coal Type: Lignite
- Mine Type: Surface
- Mining Method: strip mining
- Average No. of Employees:
- Recoverable reserves:
- Mine Status: Operating
Deliveries in 2018
|Plant Name||State||Delivery Quantity in Short Tons|
|Oak Grove Plant||TX||9,122,889|
Articles and resources
Related GEM.wiki articles
- "EIA 923 2018" EIA 923 2018.