Kroman Steel plant
|This article is part of the Global Steel Plant Tracker, a project of Global Energy Monitor.|
Kroman Steel plant (KROMAN ÇELİK SANAYİ A.Ş. (Turkish)) is an electric steel plant in Darıca, Kocaeli, Turkey.
The map below shows the location of the steel plant in Darıca, Kocaeli, Turkey.
Kroman Steel (Kroman Celik) was established in 1967. The first steel making facility began in 1969, while the second steel plant started in 2010. The steel production capacity of Kroman Steel is reported as more than 2 MTPA by the Turkish Steel Producers Association. Kroman Steel reports a capacity of 1.4 MTPA for crude steel and 2.0 MTPA for finished steel products.
Kroman Steel operates a port in the Gulf of Izmit in the Izmit Bay to handle iron and steel raw materials and products. The port has an cargo handling capacity of 3 MTPA.
Kroman Steel provides guidelines for their steel scrap supply on their website.
- Private/State ownership: private
- Parent company: Yucel Group
- Owner: Kroman Celik Sanayi S.A.
- Alternative plant names: Kroman Celik
- Other language plant name: KROMAN ÇELİK SANAYİ A.Ş. (Turkish)
- Location: Emek Mah. Aşıroğlu Cad. No:155 Darıca, Kocaeli, Turkey
- GPS Coordinates: 40.801101, 29.374115 (exact)
- Plant status: operating
- Start year: 1969 (age 51–52)
- Production capacities (thousand tonnes per annum):
- Production (thousand tonnes per annum):
- Crude steel: 980 (EAF, 2017)
- Steel product category: long
- Steel products: rebar, plain and deformed wire rod, ribbed wire rod, spooler, profiles, aggregate, billet, angles, smooth rounds
- Steelmaking process: electric
- Primary steel production equipment: 3 electric arc furnaces (EAF) (2x100-tonne, 1x150-tonne)
Articles and resources
- KROMAN ÇELİK SANAYİ A.Ş., Turkish Steel Producers Association, Retrieved on: Jul. 28, 2020
- Turkish Steel Capacity, Turkish Steel Producers Association, Retrieved on: Jul. 28, 2020
- Main Page, Kroman Celik, Retrieved on: Jul. 28, 2020
- About Us (Turkish), Kroman Celik, Retrieved on: Jul. 28, 2020
- DEMİR ÇELİK SEKTÖR RAPORU (2019), Turkish Ministry of Industry and Technology, 2020. Calculated using the capacity utilization given in Table 7-page 18.