Kushiro LNG Terminal
|This article is part of the Global Fossil Infrastructure Tracker, a project of Global Energy Monitor.|
Kushiro LNG Terminal is an LNG import terminal in Hokkaido, Japan.
- Owner: Nippon Oil
- Location: Kushiro City, Hokkaido, Hokkaido, Japan
- Coordinates: 42.983333, 144.383333 (approximate)
- Capacity: 0.5 mtpa
- Status: Operating
- Type: Import
- Start Year: 2015
Note: mtpa = million tonnes per year; bcfd = billion cubic feet per day
Kushiro LNG Terminal is an LNG terminal in Hokkaido, Japan.
The Kushiro LNG Terminal has a storage capacity of 10,000KL and was commissioned in 2015. The terminal receives LNG via coastal transport from Nippon Oil’s Hachinohe LNG Terminal in order to open up a supply channel to Hokkaido’s eastern region. In 2017, Nippon Oil announced plans to create a new company with Hokkaido Gas to use Kushiro LNG Terminal and stabilize both entities’ LNG operations in the region.
Articles and resources
- World LNG Report, IGU, 2020
- Kushiro LNG Terminal, A Barrel Full, accessed April 2017
- 2015 CSR Report, JX Nippon Oil & Energy, 2015
- JX Nippon Oil, Hokkaido Gas to share LNG terminal, Nikkei Asian Review, March 2017