Kushiro power station
|This article is part of the CoalSwarm coverage of Japan and coal.|
Kushiro power station is an operating 112-megawatt (MW) coal-fired power station in Hokkaido Prefecture, Japan.
The satellite photo below shows the plant in Kushiro, Hokkaido Prefecture, Japan.
Background on Plant
IDI infrastructures F-Power has proposed a coal-fired power station of 112 MW for the city of Kushiro. It was announced in 2015 and planned for operation in 2019. Due to the plant's small size, it is under local EIA assessment.
"Kushiro Thermal Power Plant Inc., is owned/financed by a consortium consisting of Kushiro Coal Mine, F-Power, IDI Infrastructures and Taiheiyo Kohatsu Inc."
The plant is opposed by No Coal Kushiro which argues that the plant's negative impacts have been insufficiently studies because it did not undergo an Environmental Impact Assessment (EIA). These impacts include its location within 5km of a school and air pollution in the form of soot, nitrogen oxides (NOx), and sulfur oxides (SOx).
- Sponsor: Kushiro Power Generation Corporation
- Parent Company: IDI Infrastructures
- Location: Kushiro city, Hokkaido Prefecture, Japan
- Coordinates: 42.9616282,144.4055193 (exact)
- Status: Operating
- Gross Capacity: 112 MW
- Type: Subcritical
- In service: 2020
- Coal Type:
- Coal Source:
- Source of financing: Kushiro Coal Mine, F-Power, IDI Infrastructures, and Taiheiyo Kohatsu Inc.
Articles and resources
- "Operation and Construction Plans of Coal-Fired Thermal Power Plants in Japan," Kiko Network, 3 Aug 2015
- "Kushiro Thermal Power Plant / Kushiro city, Hokkaido pref.," Kiko Network, accessed June 2016
- KCM – Kushiro Thermal Power Plant 112 MW – Hokkaido - Project Profile, JBS Market Research, Mar. 20, 2018
- Kushiro's thermal power generation postpones operation to November 20, Nikkei, Dec. 26, 2018
- Communication with Kiko Net, January 2021
- "Valmet to supply a multifuel boiler and a flue gas cleaning system to Kushiro Thermal Power Plant in Japan". Bioenergy International. 2017-03-09. Retrieved 2020-11-13.