Lüminer Enerji power station
|This article is part of the CoalSwarm coverage of Turkey and coal.|
Lüminer Enerji power station is a proposed 160-megawatt (MW) coal-fired power plant in Tekirdağ province, Turkey.
The map below shows the location of Malkara district, the approximate location where the plant would be built in Tekirdağ province.
Background on Plant
While there have been no developments on the power station, as of 2018 studies of the Malkara coalfield's investment potential continue.
In June 2013, The Ministry of Environment and Urbanisation proposed an environmental plan that would legalize the construction of a coal plant in the district. An alliance of local advocacy groups called Trakya Platformu (The Trace Platform) challenged the plan in court. As a result, the 6th chamber of the Council of State canceled the proposed plan in 2018, citing the potential damage to Tekirdağ's underground water reserves.
- Sponsor: Lüminer Enerji Elektrik Üretim A.Ş.
- Parent company:
- Location: Malkara district, Tekirdağ province, Turkey
- Coordinates: 40.892, 26.901 (approximate)
- Status: Cancelled
- Detailed status:
- Gross capacity: 160 MW
- Type: Circulating fluidized bed
- Projected in service:
- Coal type: Lignite
- Coal source:
- Source of financing:
Articles and resources
- Detaylar: Lüminer, EPDK website, accessed Apr. 2014.
- Tekirdağ'da Termik Santral Kurulum Toplantısı, Sondadika, Mar. 5, 2011.
- Kara elmastan 350 milyar dolar, Sabah, January 1, 2018
- 1/100.000'LİK ÇEVRE DÜZENİ PLAN DEĞİŞİKLİĞİ DUYURUSU, Ministry of Environment and Urbanization, June 5, 2013
- Tekirdağ'da 2 kömürlü termik santral kurulması Danıştay'dan döndü, HaberTürk, February 7, 2019