La Maxe power station
La Maxe power station was a 500-megawatt (MW) coal-fired power station in Moselle, France. It was retired in 2015.
The undated satellite below shows the plant in Woippy, Metz-Campagne.
The coal-fired power station consisted of two 250 MW units, commissioned in 1971.
The two units ceased operations in April 2015.
- Sponsor: Électricité de France SA
- Parent company: EDF Group
- Location: Woippy, Metz-Campagne, Moselle, France
- Coordinates: 49.157327, 6.190328 (exact)
- Status: Retired (2015)
- Capacity: 500 MW (Units 1&2: 250 MW)
- Start date: 1971
- Type: Subcritical
- Coal Type: Bituminous
- Coal Source: Imported
- Source of financing: