La Porte IGCC Plant
In September 2008, NRG Texas Power LLC submitted an air permit application to the Texas Commission on Environmental Quality (TCEQ) for a 550MW IGCC facility in La Porte, TX.
According to an April 2009 update by the Sierra Club, the air permit application was still pending. Before the permitting process for the coal plant could go forward, the TCEQ would have first had to issue a plant wide applicability limit (PAL) quantifying emissions from the existing natural gas-fired units on site.
Citing economic conditions, NRG Texas Power officially rescinded its application for an air permit for the La Porte plant on August 31, 2009.
Sponsor:NRG Texas Power LLC
Location: La Porte, TX
Capacity: 550 MW
Projected in service:
- "Stopping the Coal Rush", Sierra Club, accessed May 2009. (This is a Sierra Club list of new coal plant proposals.)
Related GEM.wiki articles
- Coal plant litigation
- Texas and coal
- United States and coal
- Carbon Capture and Storage
- Existing U.S. Coal Plants
- US proposed coal plants (both active and cancelled)
- Coal plants cancelled in 2007
- Coal plants cancelled in 2008
- State-by-state guide to information on coal in the United States (or click on the map)