La Spezia power station
|Part of the Global Gas Plant Tracker, a Global Energy Monitor and Center for Media and Democracy project.|
La Spezia power station, in the province of Liguria, Italy, has 1,282 megawatts (MW) of generating capacity (600 MW coal-fired and 682 MW gas-fired).
The map below shows the location of the power station in La Spezia, the province of Liguria, Italy.
In September 2020, Enel said that it was seeking Italian government approval to close the coal unit at La Spezia by 2021. They plan to replace it, at least initially, with a 500 MW gas-fired unit.
- Sponsor: Enel SpA
- Parent company: Enel SpA
- Location: La Spezia, the province of Liguria, Italy
- Coordinates: 44.1112, 9.8749 (exact)
- Gross generating capacity (operating): 1,282 MW
- Gross generating capacity (proposed): 500 MW
- Unit SP4: Gas-fired gas turbine, 500 MW (start-up not found)
Articles and Resources
- "Enel plans to close 2 additional coal-fired plants in Italy by 2021," Enerdata, Sep. 11, 2020
- Enel lines up three Italian coal closures for early 2021, S&P Global, Sep 9, 2020
- Futur-e - requalification of Enel's power plants
- Legal Entity Identifier (LEI) WOCMU6HCI0OJWNPRZS33 Global Legal Entity Identifier Foundation, accessed January 2020
- Google Maps accessed January 2020
- Impianto di La Spezia, Futur-e
- Centrale termoelettrica Eugenio Montale Wikipedia, accessed December 2019
- World Electric Power Plants database S&P Global Platts, June 2019