Lafarge Alpena Power Plant
From Global Energy Monitor
Lafarge Alpena Power Plant is a coal-fired power station owned and operated by Lafarge in Alpena, Michigan. The plant provides power to Lafarge's Alpena cement manufacturing facility.
- Owner/Parent Company: Lafarge Group
- Plant Nameplate Capacity: 47.2 MW (Megawatts)
- Units and In-Service Dates: 12.0 MW (1952), 10.0 MW (1955), 11 MW (1991), 11 MW (1994), 3.2 MW (1999)
- Location: 1435 Ford Ave., Alpena, MI 49707
- GPS Coordinates: 45.069826, -83.40875
- Electricity Production: 297,632 MWh
- Coal Consumption:
- Coal Source:
- Number of Employees:
- CO2 Emissions:
- SO2 Emissions:
- SO2 Emissions per MWh:
- NOx Emissions:
- Mercury Emissions:
Articles and Resources
- Existing Electric Generating Units in the United States, 2005, Energy Information Administration, accessed Jan. 2009.
- Environmental Integrity Project, "Dirty Kilowatts: America’s Most Polluting Power Plants", July 2007.
- Facility Registry System, U.S. Environmental Protection Agency, accessed Jan. 2009.
- Carbon Monitoring for Action database, accessed Feb. 2009.
- NETL Coal Power Plant Database, National Energy Technology Laboratory, U.S. Dept. of Energy, 2007.
- AirData Query Database, U.S. Environmental Protection Agency, accessed April 2009.
Related GEM.wiki articles
|This article is a stub. You can help by expanding it.|