Lake Charles Gasification Plant
|This article is a stub. You can help by expanding it.|
The DOE's media release stated that "Partnered with Denbury Onshore, will demonstrate advanced technologies that capture and sequester more than 4 million tons of CO2 emissions at the Lake Charles co-generation petroleum coke-to-chemicals (methanol) project to be located near Lake Charles, La. The project will transport compressed CO2 through a 12-mile pipeline that connects to Denbury's Green Line pipeline system in Louisiana so that it can be used for enhanced oil recovery in the Hastings and Oyster Bayou oilfields in Texas. (DOE Share: $540,000) (Denbury Onshore is a subsidiary of Denbury Resources, an independent oil and gas company specialising in enhanced oil recovery.
Articles and resources
Discover Which Corporations are the Biggest Violators of Environmental, Health and Safety Laws in the United States
Violation Tracker is the first national search engine on corporate misconduct covering environmental, health, and safety cases initiated by 13 federal regulatory agencies. Violation Tracker is produced by the Corporate Research Project of Good Jobs First. Click here to access Violation Tracker.
- "Secretary Chu Announces First Awards from $1.4 Billion for Industrial Carbon Capture and Storage Projects", Media Release, October 2, 2009.
- Denbury Resources, "Corporate Governance", Denbury Resources website, accessed July 2010.
Related GEM.wiki articles
- Carbon Capture and Storage
- Carbon Capture and Storage demonstration projects worldwide
- Carbon Capture and Storage in the United States