Lampung Sebalang power station
|This article is part of the CoalSwarm coverage of Indonesia and coal|
Lampung Sebalang power station is a 200-megawatt (MW) coal-fired station in Lampung Province, Indonesia. A further 300-MW has been proposed.
The map below shows the plant, in Sebalang Village, Katibung District, South Lampung Regency, Lampung Province.
Background on Plant
PLN is currently building a two-unit coal-fired power plant with a total planned capacity of 200 MW in Lampung Province. The plant was originally scheduled to go online in 2013, then in December 2014, but as of March 2015 the plant is apparently still not fully online.
In February 2015, Henry Angga Kusuma was convicted of bribery in the land acquisition process for the Sebalang plant.
In August 2015, social media posts by plant commissioning workers suggested that Unit 2 had been successfully put into operation.
In February 2019 the government's long-range plan called for the construction of an additional 300-MW unit by 2026.
- Sponsor: PT PLN Persero
- Location: Sebalang Village, Katibung District, South Lampung Regency, Lampung Province, Sumatra, Indonesia
- Coordinates: -5.58594, 105.38719 (exact)
- Status: Unit 1-2: Operating; Unit 3: Announced
- Gross Capacity: Unit 1: 100 MW; Unit 2: 100 MW; Unit 3: 300 MW
- Type: Subcritical
- Start date: Units 1 & 2: 2015; Unit 3: 2026
- Coal Type:
- Coal Source: South Sumatra
- Source of financing:
Articles and resources
- “Electricity Policy Development & Investment Opportunity in Indonesia,” presentation by Ministry Energy and Mineral Resources, Directorate General of Electricity, March 2014
- PLN Berharap Banyak pada PLTU Sebalang, PLN press release, accessed Mar. 2015.
- Sudirman Said Blusukan ke Lampung Pantau Pembangkit Listrik, Detik Finance, 25 Nov. 2014.
- Oyos Saroso, Jokowi optimistic about tackling electricity deficit in Sumatra within 5 years, Jakarta Post, 25 Nov. 2014.
- Terpidana Korupsi PLTU Sebalang Jalani Sidang Perdana PK, Lampung Post, 11 Feb. 2015.
- "Ahirnya sukses juga tes 100 MW. Kita. Slmt buat seluruh TEAM COMISSIONING UNIT 2...!" -- "PLTU Lampung 2 x 100 MW," Facebook, post: 3 August 2015
- Rencana Usaha Penyediaan Tenaga Listrik (RUPTL) 2019-2028, PT PLN Persero, V-2