Tarahan power station
|This article is part of the CoalSwarm coverage of Indonesia and coal|
The Tarahan power station is a 200-megawatt (MW) coal-fired power station in Southern Sumatra, Indonesia. A further 300 MW has been proposed.
The project is located in Katibung, Lampung Selatan, Sumatra, Indonesia.
In June 2019 it was announced that PT PLN Persero would build a 300-MW expansion at the Tarahan power station. In November 2019 Lampung Governor Arinal Djunaidi stated that construction of the expansion was part of a plan to reach 100% electrification for Lampung.
In February 2020 United States Department of Justice (U.S. DOJ) announced that allegations of bribery in the awarding of the Rp 1.6 trillion construction contract for the Tarahan power station had been made by executives at French company Alstom and Japanese company Marubeni. The U.S. DOJ said the allegations invovled a member of the Indonesian Parliament and a president director of the State Electricity Company. The U.S. DOJ is investigating the contract under the Foreign Corrupt Practices Act because Alstom has a subsidiary in Connecticut.
- Sponsor: PT PLN Persero
- Parent company: PT PLN Persero
- Location: Katibung, Lampung Selatan, Sumatra, Indonesia
- Coordinates: -5.5212074,105.3534773 (exact)
- Status: Units 3-4: Operating; Unit 5: Announced
- Gross Capacity: Unit 3: 100 MW; Unit 4: 100 MW; Unit 5: 300 MW
- Type: Subcritical
- Projected in service: Unit 3: 2008; Unit 4: 2007; Unit 5: 2022
- Coal Type: Subbituminous
- Coal Source:
- Source of financing:
Articles and resources
- PLTU Tarahan Unit 3 dan 4, Teras Lampung, Mar. 11, 2014
- PLN Lampung Akan Bangun Dua Pembangkit Dengan Kapasitas 500 MW, rri.co.id, Jun. 25, 2019
- Arinal Djunaidi Pertumbuhan Listrik Lampung Tertinggi se-Sumatra, Republika, Nov. 12, 2019
- https://www.voaindonesia.com/a/jaksa-as-tuduh-eks-pejabat-alstom-terlibat-suap-proyek-pltu-tarahan/5294549.html, VOA Indonesia, Feb. 19, 2020
Related GEM.wiki articles
- Japan Official Development Assistance, "Tarahan Coal Fired Steam Power Plant Project", Embassy of Japan in Indonesia, accessed July 2012.
- "JBIC completes review of Tarahan power project", The Jakarta Post, May 13 2004.
- Marubeni Corporation, "Marubeni Corporation Receives Orders for Boiler and Steam Turbine Packages for Tarahan Coal Fired Steam Power Plant Project of PT PLN", Media Release, July 26, 2004.
- Sita W. Dewi, "PDI-P lawmaker charged with bribery", Jakarta Post, July 27 2012.