Langalbandh-Mawa-Gopalganj-Khulna Transmission Pipeline
|This article is part of the Global Fossil Infrastructure Tracker, a project of Global Energy Monitor.|
Langalbandh-Mawa-Gopalganj-Khulna Transmission Pipeline was a proposed natural gas pipeline that is now considered shelved.
The pipeline would run from Langalbandh to Khulna, Bangladesh.
- Operator: Gas Transmission Company Limited (GTCL)
- Parent Company: Petrobangla
- Current capacity:
- Proposed capacity: 116 million cubic feet per day
- Length: 105.63 mi / 170 km
- Status: Shelved
- Start Year:
The pipeline was to be operated by GTCL, a subsidiary of Petrobangla. The project was listed as one of the future development plans of GTCL in their annual report 2017-18. However, as of August 2021, the project is not listed in upcoming or ongoing projects on GTCL website or in Petrobangla's annual report 2019 and is therefore considered shelved.
Articles and resources
- Annual Report 2017-18 (PDF). GTCL. 2019. p. 57.
- Rupsha 800-Megawatt Combined Cycle Power Plant Project, Asian Development Bank, May 2018
- Annual Report 2019 (PDF). PETROBANGLA. 2020.
- "Existing Pipeline". GTCL. Retrieved 2021-08-23.