Lanzhou Fanjiaping power station
|This article is part of the CoalSwarm coverage of China and coal|
Lanzhou Fanjiaping power station (国电兰州范家坪热电厂) is a 660-megawatt (MW) coal-fired power plant in Gansu Province, China.
It is the expansion project of Guodian Lanzhou Cogen Power Station, in a different location.
The map below shows the location of the plant, in Xigu District, Lanzhou Prefecture, Gansu Province.
Background on Plant
Lanzhou Fanjiaping power station is a two-unit coal-fired power plant with a total capacity of 660 MW in Gansu Province. The plant was completed in 2011, and was originally owned by China Guodian. NDRC granted permit to its construction in December 2008. The plant was commissioned in 2011, supplying heat to 13.7 million square meters of Lanzhou Western area, besides generating electricity to the Grid. 
On August 28, 2017, China's State-owned Assets Supervision and Administration Commission of the State Council (SASAC) announced that China Guodian Corporation and Shenhua Group will be jointly restructured. Shenhua Group will become China National Energy Investment Group and will absorb China Guodian Corporation. It will be the largest power company in the world by installed capacity, as well as the world's largest coal producer. The merger was completed on November 28, 2017.
In May 2020, State-owned Assets Supervision and Administration Commission (SASAC) began a pilot project which is allowing each of the five Central SOEs, central government-owned power giants presenting only in one province or autonomous region in 5 northwest provinces and autonomous regions. It is an effort by SASAC to improve the financial performance of the coal power companies in these 5 provinces and Autonomous regions. According to SASAC's arrangement, China Huaneng presents in Gansu. China Huadian leads Xinjiang. China Datang is in Shaanxi except those power companies belonging to China Energy Group. SPIC is in Qinghai. China Energy Group leads Ningxia.  By the end of 2020, 10 coal power stations in Gansu have completed the transition. 
Lanzhou Fanping Power Station transferred its ownership to China Huaneng in March 2021.
- Sponsor: Huaneng Lanzhou Fanping Cogen Power Co., Ltd华能兰州范坪热电有限公司
- Owner: Huaneng Gansu Engery Development Co., Ltd. 100%.
- Parent company: China Huaneng
- Location: Xigu District, Lanzhou Prefecture, Gansu Province, China
- Coordinates: 36.07583, 103.67743 (exact)
- Status: Operating
- Gross capacity: 660 MW (Units 1 & 2: 330 MW)
- In service: 2011
- Coal type:
- Coal source:
- Source of financing:
Articles and resources
- "国电兰州热电有限责任公司热电联产扩建工程机组规模变更补充环境影响评价信息公示," 国电兰州范坪热电有限责任公司, 2013-05-13
- "国电兰州热电有限责任公司热电联产扩建工程机组规模变更补充环境影响评价信息公示", 兰州市人民政府, 2013-05-13
- "国电兰州热电有限公司2×30万千瓦热电联产项目通过核准"National Energy Administration, 2009-02-25
- "关于国电兰州热电有限责任公司热电联产扩建（2×300MW）工程竣工环境保护验收合格的函"MEPC, 2014-12-12
- "Factbox: Shenhua and Guodian - China's latest state marriage". Reuters. 29 August 2017. Retrieved 30 August 2017.
- "China Is Creating the World's Largest Power Company". Bloomberg News. 28 August 2017. Retrieved 29 August 2017.
- "China’s Newly-Established National Energy Investment Group Sets World Records in Its Sector, With Assets of Over CNY1.8 Trillion," Yicai Global, 11-28-2017
- "西北五省"一省一企"煤电重组 是"电改"倒退吗？丨煤电生存发展系列报道_整合". www.sohu.com. 2020-08-07. Retrieved 2021-05-01.
- "央企整合再出大动作，西北五省区各自将只有一家煤电央企-国际能源网能源资讯中心". www.in-en.com. 2020-05-26. Retrieved 2021-05-01.
- "新划入员工5050名！10家煤电企业划转 9家已正式冠名华能【附新成员名单】--来源：《中国华能》 作者：马良骥". 2021-05-01. Retrieved 2021-05-04.
- "冠名华能！大唐、国家能源、国家电投13家电厂划入华能集团_甘肃". www.sohu.com. 2021-01-18. Retrieved 2021-05-04.
- "华能兰州范坪热电有限公司 - 企查查". www.qcc.com. Retrieved 2021-05-04.