Larco Larymna smelting plant
|This article is part of the Global Steel Plant Tracker, a project of Global Energy Monitor.|
Larymna smelting plant is a smelting plant in Larymna, Greece.
The map below shows the location of the steel plant in Laryma, Greece.
The Larymna smelting plant processes nickelferrous ores (laterites) to produces ferronickel with 18-24% nickel content. Ferronickel is used in the industrial production of stainless steel. Larco General Mining & Metallurgical Co. S.A. also operates four mines, which supply the laterites to the Larymna smelting plant.
- Private/State ownership: private
- Parent company: Larco General Mining & Metallurgical Co. S.A.
- Owner: Larco General Mining & Metallurgical Co. S.A.
- Foreign language name: Συγκρότημα Εργοστασίου Λαρύμνης (ΣΕΛ) της Γ.Μ.Μ.Α. (Greek)
- Alternative plant names: LARCO, GMMA
- Location: Larymna Lokridos, GR350 12 Fthiotida, Greece
- GPS Coordinates: 38.564265, 23.293695 (exact)
- Plant status: operating
- Start year: 1966 (age 54–55)
- Production capacities (thousand tonnes per annum):
- Crude steel: None
- Iron: None
- Ferronickel: 20
- Steel products: Ferronickel
- Steelmaking process: ferronickel producer