Le Gol power station
Le Gol power station is a 122-megawatt (MW) coal- and biomass-fired power station in Reunion Island, an insular region of France located in the Indian Ocean.
The map below shows Reunion Island, the approximate location where the plant is located.
The 122 MW power station consists of one 64 MW and one 58 MW unit, commissioned in 1995 and 2006, respectively. The plant is co-fired with coal and biomass.
- Sponsor: Albioma
- Parent company: Albioma
- Location: Reunion Island, France
- Coordinates: -21.114444, 55.5325 (approximate)
- Status: Operating
- Capacity: 122 MW (Unit 1: 64 MW, Unit 2: 58 MW)
- Start date: 1995 (Unit 1), 2006 (Unit 2)
- Coal Type: Hard coal
- Coal Source: Imported
- Source of financing:
Resources and articles
- "Our history," Albioma website, accessed April 2016