Lekki Project power station
|Part of the Global Gas Plant Tracker, a Global Energy Monitor and Center for Media and Democracy project.|
Lekki Project power station (also known as the Lekki Energy Center) is a proposed 1,500-megawatt (MW) gas-fired power plant in Lagos State, Nigeria.
The map below shows the approximate location of the proposed power station in Lekki, Lagos, Nigeria.
The Lekki Energy Center, which will be located within the Lekki Free Trade Zone, is the first project under development by Caleb-Inland Energy Nigeria Ltd. The project has been permitted by the Federal Ministry of Environment, and gas delivery agreement talks have reached an advanced stage. The Transmission Company of Nigeria (TCN) has also approved an evacuation study to interconnect to the national grid.
- Sponsor: Caleb-Inland Energy Nigeria Ltd. (C-I)
- Parent company: Caleb Energy Inc., Inland Energy Inc.
- Location: Lekki, Lagos, Nigeria
- Coordinates: 6.4698, 3.5852 (approximate)
- Gross capacity (proposed): 1,500 MW
Articles and Resources