Leverkusen Currenta power station
|Part of the Global Gas Plant Tracker, a Global Energy Monitor and Center for Media and Democracy project.|
Leverkusen Currenta power station is a proposed 570-megawatt (MW) gas-fired power plant in the state of Nordrhein-Westfalen, Germany.
The map below shows the approximate location of the proposed power station in Leverkusen, the state of Nordrhein-Westfalen, Germany.
Around 2015 Iberdrola and GE announced plans to build a power plant at CHEMPARK chemical industry site. Steag GmbH aqcuired the project that same year. Sources still listed the project in development in 2019. However it is not mentioned in Steag's 2019 Management report.
- Sponsor: Steag GmbH
- Parent company: KSBG Kommunale Beteiligungsgesellschaft GmbH & Co. KG
- Location: Leverkusen, the state of Nordrhein-Westfalen, Germany
- Coordinates: 51.0459, 7.0192 (approximate)
- Gross capacity (proposed): 570 MW
- Combined-cycle unit: 570 MW (no start-up date)
Articles and Resources
- German utilities' plans for new capacity, Reuters, April 1, 2019.
- Iberdrola and GE will build a cogeneration plant of 570 MW in Germany, The Diplomat, Jan 21, 2015
- CMS Advises Steag on Successful Acquisition of Major Power Plant Project, CMS, Dec 5, 2015
- Group Management Report 2019, STEAG, Dec 31, 2019
- STEAG GmbH, LEI Reference Data accessed Jan. 8, 2020