Liberty Republic Steel Lorain plant
|This article is part of the Global Steel Plant Tracker, a project of Global Energy Monitor.|
Liberty Republic Steel Lorain plant is an electric steel plant in Lorain, Ohio, United States.
The map below shows the location of the steel plant in Lorain, Ohio, United States.
Liberty Republic Steel Canton was originally established as Johnson Steel Street Rail Company in 1895.
- Private/State ownership: private
- Parent company: Liberty Steel
- Owner: Republic Steel
- Alternative plant names: Republic Engineered Products (predecessor), Johnson Steel Street Rail Company (predecessor)
- Location: 1807 East 28th Street, Lorain, Ohio 44055-1883, United States
- GPS Coordinates:41.450358, -82.131125 (exact)
- Plant status: operating
- Start year: 1895 (age 125–126)
- Production capacities (thousand tonnes per annum):
- Crude steel: 907 (EAF)
- Steel product category: flat, long
- Steel products: hot-rolled bars, hot-rolled coils, cold finished bars, ingots, rod, wire
- Steelmaking process: electric
- Primary steel production equipment: 1 electric arc furnace (EAF) (2013 (idled as of Jan. 2020))
Articles and resources