Licheng Taihang Iron & Steel Co., Ltd. plant
|This article is part of the Global Steel Plant Tracker, a project of Global Energy Monitor.|
The map below shows the location of the steel plant in Changzhi, Shanxi Province, China.
Licheng Taihang Iron & Steel Co., Ltd. is in the process of upgrading its smelting equipment based on the "Shanxi Iron and Steel Industry Revitalization Plan." The 3 billion RMB project, to be completed by the end of 2025, will shift the plant from an integrated plant with blast furnace technology toward an electric steel plant producing special steel.
In addition, the Licheng County Party Committee is planning the merger and reorganization of four private steel companies in Changzhi in order to form a new industrial base with a production capacity of 6 millions tons of crude steel per year. This project is set to resume "as soon as possible after the epidemic is over."
- Private/State ownership: private
- Parent company: Licheng Xintaihang Iron and Steel Group Co., Ltd. 51%, Li Zhaoxi (individual) 47.6190%, Xue Junxing (individual) 0.9524%, Lin Yibin (individual) 0.4286%
- Owner: Licheng Xintaihang Iron and Steel Group Co., Ltd. 51%, Li Zhaoxi (individual) 47.6190%, Xue Junxing (individual) 0.9524%, Lin Yibin (individual) 0.4286%
- Other language plant name: 黎城太行钢铁有限公司 (Chinese)
- Location: Chengnan Village, Licheng County, Changzhi City, Shanxi Province
- GPS Coordinates: 36.472303, 113.344155 (exact)
- Plant status: operating
- Start year: 2000 (age 20–21)
- Production capacities (thousand tonnes per annum):
- Steel product category: long
- Steel products: hot rolled smooth round steel bars, high wire, hot rolled ribbed steel bars for construction, rebar, disc screw
- Steelmaking process: integrated(BF）
- Primary steel production equipment: 2 blast furnaces (BF) (1x458m³, 1x528m³), 3 basic oxygen furnaces (BOF) (1x35-tonne, 2x40-tonne)
Articles and resources