Lingshi Qiguang power station
|This article is part of the CoalSwarm coverage of China and coal|
The Lingshi Qiguang power station (山西国际能源启光发电公司) is a 700-megawatt (MW) coal-fired power station in Shanxi province, China.
The project was originally called Hejin No. 2 power station, but while seeking permitting the proposed location was moved to Lingshi County. Once permitted, the plant name changed as well.
The undated satellite photo below shows the plant in Jinzhong city.
Background on Plant
Construction began in June 2015. Operation is planned for 2017.
Project suspended, then revived
July 2017: Plant halted by government
In July 2017 China's National Energy Administration (NEA) postponed or halted 185 coal-burning units across 21 provinces, totaling nearly 107 gigawatts (GW). 114 coal units totaling 65 GW are postponed for consideration until after the end of the 13th 5-year plan, in 2020. In addition, 71 coal units totaling nearly 42 GW were halted indefinitely for regulation violations. NEA said its goal is to eventually suspend or halt 150 GW of coal capacity during the 13th 5-year plan (2016-2020).
Lingshi Qiguang power station Units 1-2 are among the halted coal-burning units, suspended indefinitely.
September 2017: Suspension lifted
After political negotiations, China's National Energy Administration (NEA) released an updated list of postponed and halted coal projects on September 26, 2017. The new list contained 151 units totaling 95 gigawatts (GW). Lingshi Qiguang power station was no longer on the list, suggesting the plant is not suspended.
For more information, see China's 2016/2017 Restrictions on Development of Coal-Fired Power Capacity.
2019: Plant commissioned
Unit 1 was commissioned in April 2019.
Unit 2 was commissioned in September 2019.
- Sponsor: Gemeng International
- Parent company: Shanxi International Energy Group (51%), Lingshi Deguangyi Investment Trade (24.1%), Lingshi Xinyuan Investment Trade (24.1%), Shanxi Lingshi Tianju Xinyuan Coal Industry (0.8%)
- Location: Duanchun Town, Jinzhong city, Lingshi county, Shanxi province, China
- Coordinates: 36.820628, 111.626103 (exact)
- Status: Operating
- Gross capacity: 700 MW (Units 1-2: 350 MW)
- Start year: 2019
- Type: Supercritical
- Coal type: Bituminous waste coal
- Coal source:
- Source of financing:
Articles and resources
- "第四批低热值煤发电项目公示," 山西日报, June 26, 2014
- "山西灵石启光2×350MW低热值煤发电项目 EPC总承包招标公告," 中国电力招标网, 2014-03-10
- "山西灵石启光2×350MW低热值煤发电项目开工," 来源:北极星电力网, 2015/6/29
- "16部委联合发文防范化解煤电产能过剩风险," Sohu.com, 2017-08-03
- "2017年分省煤电停建和缓建项目名单," Sohu, 2017-10-12
- "启光电厂（2x350MW）#1机组顺利通过168试运," 北极星电力网新闻中心, 2019/4/29
- "2×350MW！启光电厂#2机组顺利通过168试运," 北极星电力网新闻中心, 2019/9/12