Lingzhou power station
|This article is part of the CoalSwarm coverage of China and coal|
Lingzhou power station (神华国能宁鲁煤电公司灵州发电厂) is a retired 270-megawatt (MW) power station in Ningxia Hui Autonomous Region, China.
The undated satellite photo below shows the power station in Ningxia Hui Autonomous Region, the approximate location where the plant would be built.
Background on Project
Lingzhou power station consisted of two units totaling 270 MW, commissioned in 2005-2006.
It was retired in 2018.
In 2014, Shenhua Group and Ninglu Coal Company proposed to build an additional two units of 660 MW each at the power station.
2016: Nationwide Restrictions Imposed on Development of Coal-Fired Power Capacity
Due to new restrictions announced during 2016 by the National Energy Administration and the National Development and Reform Commission, further capacity expansions at this location appear to be on hold or cancelled. For details, see China's 2016 Restrictions on Development of Coal-Fired Power Capacity.
With no developments since 2014, plans for units 3 and 4 appear to be abandoned.
On August 28, 2017, China's State-owned Assets Supervision and Administration Commission of the State Council (SASAC) announced that China Guodian Corporation and Shenhua Group will be jointly restructured. Shenhua Group will become China National Energy Investment Group and will absorb China Guodian Corporation. It will be the largest power company in the world by installed capacity, as well as the world's largest coal producer. The merger was completed on November 28, 2017.
Project Details of expansion
- Sponsor: Ninglu Coal Company
- Parent company: National Energy Investment Group
- Location: Ningdong Town, Lingwu, Yinchuan Prefecture, Ningxia Hui Autonomous Region, China
- Coordinates: 38.1418812, 106.5655804 (exact)
- Status: Cancelled
- Gross capacity: 1,320 MW (Units 3 and 4: 660 MW)
- Projected in service:
- Coal type:
- Coal source:
- Source of financing:
Articles and resources
- ↑ "Project Of 2 X 135MW Ningxia Lingzhou Shale Power Plant," China Bidding, 2005-04-26
- ↑ "自治区发展改革委关于做好我区2018年煤电节能减排升级与改造工作的通知," 自治区发改委, 2018-10-15
- ↑ "宁鲁煤电公司打出“组合拳”锁定新目标", 神华宁夏煤业集团有限责任公司, 2012-08-06
- ↑ "2013年重大项目签约情况", 中国电力工程顾问集团公司, 2014-02-11
- ↑ "Factbox: Shenhua and Guodian - China's latest state marriage". Reuters. 29 August 2017. Retrieved 30 August 2017.
- ↑ "China Is Creating the World's Largest Power Company". Bloomberg News. 28 August 2017. Retrieved 29 August 2017.
- ↑ "China’s Newly-Established National Energy Investment Group Sets World Records in Its Sector, With Assets of Over CNY1.8 Trillion," Yicai Global, 11-28-2017