Linxi Coal Mine
|This article is part of the CoalSwarm coverage of China and coal|
The undated satellite photo below shows the exact location of the mine.
Coal Mine Background
Linxi Coal Mine has a long history. It was built in 1879, handed over to production in 1889, and officially put into production in 1902. From 1957 to 1959, the mine was rebuilt and expanded, and the designed production capacity reached 2.3 million tons per year. In 2005, the approved production capacity was 1.2 million tons per year, and the service life was 20 years.  The approved production scale in 2019 is 1.5 million tons per year.
On November 19, 2001, a gas explosion occurred in Linxi Coal Mine, killing two people. On the morning of April 25, 2002, a roof-fall accident occurred in Linxi Coal Mine and 11 people were killed.
- Operator: Tangshan Kailuan Linxi Mining Co., Ltd.
- Owner: Kailuan (Group) Co., Ltd.
- Location: Linxi Road, Guye District, Tangshan City, Hebei Province
- GPS Coordinates: 39.718948, 118.445582
- Status: Operating
- Production Capacity: 1.5 million tonnes per annum 
- Total Resource: 142.1330 million tonnes 
- Mineable Reserves: 5.2160 million tonnes
- Coal Type: Fat coal (Met)
- Mine Size: 27.8019 k㎡
- Mine Type: Underground
- Start Year:' 1889
Articles and resources
- 唐山开滦林西矿业有限公司, 企查查, Accessed May 2021
- 唐山市古冶区林西煤矿尘肺预防研究, 道客巴巴, Accessed May 2021
- 河北省生产煤矿生产能力情况 (As of December 31, 2019), 国家矿山安全监察局, Accessed May 2021
- 开滦25天4起事故 国有大矿更不能忽视安全生产, 新华网, November 29, 2001
- 河北唐山一煤矿巷道冒顶事故 11职工全部遇难, 南方网, April 30, 2002
- 开滦（集团）有限责任公司2020年度第一期超短期融资券募集说明书(72页), 开滦（集团）有限责任公司, April 2020