Lower War Eagle
|This article is part of the Global Coal Mine Tracker, a project of Global Energy Monitor.|
The Lower War Eagle mine is an underground mine located near Man, West Virginia in Wyoming County. It is owned by Coronado Coal, LLC and the operator is Greenbrier Minerals LLC.
The map below shows the exact location of the mine.
Greenbrier Minerals, LLC operates the mine, which is owned by Coronado Coal LLC. Coronado Coal bought the mine from Cliffs Natural Resources in 2015.
- MSHA id: 4609319
- Operator: Greenbrier Minerals, LLC
- Owner: Coronado Coal LLC
- Location: Man, West Virginia
- Coordinates: 37.734478, -81.726443 (Exact )
- Status: Operating
- Production: 503,660 tonnes (2020)
- Number of employees: 139(2020)
- Coal Type: Bituminous
- Mine Type: Underground
- Start Year: 2011
Articles and resources
- Rodney Lusk (January 4, 2016) Final Report - Fatality #1 . Mine Safety and Health Administration. Report.
- "Fatality at Greenbrier Minerals's Lower War Eagle Coal Mine, W. Va". Mining Connection. January 5, 2016. Retrieved June 10, 2021.
- Cassell, Barry (September 26, 2012). "Cliffs Natural Resources unit permits new W.Va. coal mine". Transmission Hub. Retrieved June 10, 2021.
- U.S. department of labor, MSHA, Mine Data Retrieval System, accessed June 6 2021