Luganskaya power station
|This article is part of the CoalSwarm coverage of Ukraine and coal.|
Luganskaya (Luhanska) power station is a 1,220-megawatt (MW) coal-fired power station in Luhansk, Ukraine.
The undated satellite photo below shows the power station in Shchastya, Novoaidar.
Background on existing plant
As of 2014 the power station consists of six units of 200 to 210 MW each, commissioned in 1962 to 1968. The plant's first eight units have been retired, and unit 12 is mothballed.
- Sponsor: DTEK Vostokenergo
- Parent company: SCM Holdings
- Location: Shchastya, Novoaidar, Luhansk
- Coordinates: 48.74781, 39.2624 (exact)
- Status: Operating
- Capacity: 1,220 MW
- Type: Subcritical
- Start date: 1961-1969
- Coal Type: Hard coal
- Coal Source:
- Source of financing:
Resources and articles
- "Integrated Report," DTEK Annual Report 2014, p. 94