Luling Coal Mine
|This article is part of the CoalSwarm coverage of China and coal|
The undated satellite photo below shows the exact location of the mine.
Coal Mine Background
The construction of the Luling Coal Mine began in December 1960 and was put into operation in 1969, with a designed production capacity of 1.5 million tons per year. Reconstruction and expansion were carried out in 1988, and the designed production capacity reached 2.4 million tons per year.  The approved production scale in 2019 is 2.4 million tons per year.
At 16:07 on May 13, 2003, a huge gas explosion occurred in the Luling Coal Mine. 81 people have been found dead, and 5 people are still unfound.By the early morning of May 18, 2003, all 86 miners were unfortunately dead.On November 7, 2018, a roofing accident occurred in the Luling Coal Mine, resulting in 1 death.
- Operator: Huaibei Mining Group Coal Industry Co., Ltd. Luling Coal Mine
- Owner: Huaibei Mining Holdings Co.,Ltd.
- Location: Luling Town, Yongqiao District, Suzhou City, Anhui Province
- GPS Coordinates: 33.539305, 117.181726
- Status: Operating
- Production Capacity: 2.3 million tonnes per annum 
- Total Resource: 163.4790 million tonnes 
- Mineable Reserves: 89.4830 million tonnes 
- Coal Type: 1/3 Coking coal (Met)
- Mine Size: 19k㎡
- Mine Type: Underground
- Start Year:' 1969
Articles and resources
- 淮北矿业股份有限公司芦岭煤矿, 企查查, Accessed May 2021
- 环境影响评价报告公示：淮北矿业股份芦岭煤矿安全改建工程环境影响报告书(17Page), 道客巴巴, Accessed May 2021
- 淮北矿业控股股份有限公司2020年公开发行公司债券（面向专业投资者）（第一期）募集说明书摘要（52页）, 方正证券承销保荐有限责任公司, October 16, 2020
- 芦岭煤矿5.13特大瓦斯爆炸事故发生以后, 人民网, May 15, 2003
- 安徽芦岭矿难搜寻工作结束 86名矿工全部遇难, 新华网, May 18, 2003
- 淮北矿业控股股份有限公司2020年年度报告（19Page）, 淮北矿业控股股份有限公司, April 25, 2021