Lunsapur power station
Lunsapur power station is a proposed 1320 megawatt (MW) coal-fired power station in Gujarat, India, by Patel Energy.
The map below shows the location of Lunsapur and Lotpur village, the approximate location where the plant would be built.
Background on Plant
In August 2010, a Terms of Reference (TOR) was announced for the Lunsapur power station by India's Ministry of Environment and Forests.
As of 2014 there is no environmental permit and no mention of the project on the Patel Energy website, and may have been abandoned. A similar project has been proposed by Sintex Power, the Jafrabad power station in Lunsapur, Mithapur, and Kagvadar villages. Jafrabad power station received a ToR in 2012. (The two projects are in the same town and are the same town. Lunsapur was sponsored by "Patel Energy"--Dinesh Patel is the chairman of Sintex Power.)
- Sponsor: Patel Energy
- Parent company:
- Location: Lunsapur and Lotpur, Jafarabad taluk, Amreli district, Gujarat
- Coordinates: 20.8667, 71.3667 (approximate)
- Status: Cancelled
- Gross Capacity: 1320 MW (2 x 660 MW)
- Type: Subcritical
- Start date:
- Coal Type:
- Coal Source:
- Source of financing:
- Permits: Terms of reference, India MoEF, August 11, 2010
Resources and articles
- "Terms of Reference (TOR) Government of India Ministry of Environment & Forests, August 11, 2010.