Luoyuan Bay power station
|This article is part of the CoalSwarm coverage of China and coal|
Luoyuan Bay power station (神华罗源湾电厂) is a proposed 4,000-megawatt (MW) coal-fired power plant in Fujian Province, China.
The undated satellite photo below shows the construction site in Lianjiang County.
Background on Project
Shenhua Group is currently planning to build a four-unit coal-fired power plant with a total capacity of 4,000 MW in Fujian Province. The first two units of the plant were approved in December 2013.
In September 2016 Shenhua Group reported unit 1 as 60% complete and unit 2 as 30% complete, with operation planned for December 2017 and March 2018, respectively. News from April 2017 said the 2*1000MW units are going to operate in the end of 2017.
2017: Plant postponed by government
In July 2017, the NEA released the "Guideline of Supply-Side Reform of the Coal Power Bubble". The Guideline included a draft list which slowed down or halted 185 coal-burning units across 21 provinces, totaling 107 GW. 114 coal units (65 GW) are ordered to slow down the construction progress during 2017 to 2020, and are not allowed to connect to the grid in 2017. In addition, 71 coal units (42 GW) were halted indefinitely for regulation violations. The list partly overlapped with the projects listed in the January NEA letter to 13 provinces.
For more information, see China's 2016/2017 Restrictions on Development of Coal-Fired Power Capacity.
2018: Construction on units 1-2 ongoing
In May 2018 it was reported that construction was ongoing at units 1-2 of the power station.
In June 2018 the project received land use approval.
In October 2018, the Fujian Province stated the province will not develop any further coal power plants in the 13th Five Year Plan period (2016-2020) with two exceptions: 1) projects which have already been permitted; and 2) combined heat and power (CHP) plants. The proposed units 3-4 of Luoyuan Bay power station have no permits and are not CHP, and are therefore likely deferred or cancelled.
On August 28, 2017, China's State-owned Assets Supervision and Administration Commission of the State Council (SASAC) announced that China Guodian Corporation and Shenhua Group will be jointly restructured. Shenhua Group will become China National Energy Investment Group and will absorb China Guodian Corporation. It will be the largest power company in the world by installed capacity, as well as the world's largest coal producer. The merger was completed on November 28, 2017.
- Sponsor: Shenhua Fujian Energy Co.
- Parent Company: National Energy Investment Group
- Location:Xiagong Town, Lianjiang County, Fuzhou Prefecture, Fujian Province, China
- Coordinates: 26.385334,119.789459 (exact)
- Units 1 & 2: Construction
- Units 3 & 4: Cancelled
- Gross capacity: 4,000 MW (Units 1-4: 1,000 MW)
- Type: Ultra-Supercritical
- Projected in service:
- Coal type:
- Coal source:
- Cost and source of financing: 20 billion yuan ($29.4 Billion)
Articles and resources
- "神华（福建）能源有限责任公司 诚聘火力发电基建生产技术人才," Shenhua Fujian Company Limited website, accessed November 2014
- “福建神华罗源湾电厂新建工程项目获发改委核准,” 连江新闻网2013-12-24
- “神华福建罗源湾港储电一体化项目发电厂工程2×1000MW超超临界燃煤,” 以商会友 2014-08-10
- "神华（福建）能源有限责任公司," Shenhua Group, September 27, 2016
- "总投资约200亿元 神华福建罗源湾电厂将于今年底投产," 福建经信, 2017/4/27
- "16部委联合发文防范化解煤电产能过剩风险," Sohu.com, 2017-08-03
- "2017年分省煤电停建和缓建项目名单," Sohu, 2017-10-12
- "福建神华罗源湾电厂新建工程2×1000MW超超临界燃煤发电机组国产热控成套仪表设备采购项目招标公告," DLZB, 2018-05-04
- "福建省人民政府批复神华罗源湾电厂新建工程建设用地," 北极星电力网新闻中心, 2018/6/28
- "福建省人民政府办公厅关于印发福建省“十三五”能源发展专项规划的通知, 福建省人民政府门户网站, 2016-10-20
- "Factbox: Shenhua and Guodian - China's latest state marriage". Reuters. 29 August 2017. Retrieved 30 August 2017.
- "China Is Creating the World's Largest Power Company". Bloomberg News. 28 August 2017. Retrieved 29 August 2017.
- "China’s Newly-Established National Energy Investment Group Sets World Records in Its Sector, With Assets of Over CNY1.8 Trillion," Yicai Global, 11-28-2017
- “神华福建罗源湾港储中转发电一体化项目今日奠基,” 东南网 2012-10-22