Lvjiatuo Coal Mine
|This article is part of the CoalSwarm coverage of China and coal|
The undated satellite photo below shows the exact location of the mine.
Coal Mine Background
The Lvjiatuo Coal Mine is operated by Kailuan Energy Chemical Co., Ltd, which is owned by Kailuan (Group) Co., Ltd. The mine was built in 1959 and put into operation in 1968. It was originally designed by Poland and was a large water mining well with a designed capacity of 1.5 million tons per year. In June 2004, the coal mining technology realized the overall transformation from water mining to fully mechanized mining. After systematic transformation and equipment upgrades, the current approved production capacity is 3.3 million tons per year.
- Operator: Kailuan Energy Chemical Co., Ltd.
- Owner: Kailuan (Group) Co., Ltd.
- Location: Lvjiatuo Village, Fangezhuang Town, Guye District, Tangshan City, Hebei Province, China
- GPS Coordinates: 39.664562, 118.386475(exact)
- Status: Operating
- Production Capacity: 3.3 million tonnes per annum (Mtpa)
- Total Resource: 322.091 million tonnes
- Mineable Reserves: 217.32 million tonnes 
- Coal Type: Bituminous(Met)
- Mine Size: 47.527k㎡
- Mine Type: Underground
- Start Year: 1968