MP Amarkantak Thermal Power Plant is a 210-megawatt (MW) coal-fired power station in Madhya Pradesh, India.
An additional 660 MW has been proposed.
The satellite photo below shows the plant at the Amlai railway station on the Bilaspur-Katni section of the SE Railway in Chachai village, Anuppur taluk.
The original power station consists of the following units:
|Stage||Unit Number||Installed Capacity (Megawatt)||Date of Commissioning||Status|
In October 2019, Madhya Pradesh Power Generating received a terms of reference to add a new 660 MW supercritical unit at the power station.
Project Details of expansion
- Sponsor: Madhya Pradesh Power Generating Co Ltd
- Location: Chachai village, Anuppur taluk, Anuppur district, Madhya Pradesh, India
- Coordinates: 23.163889, 81.637778 (exact)
- Status: Pre-permit development
- Nameplate capacity: 660 MW
- Type: Supercritical
- Projected in service:
- Coal Type:
- Coal Source:
- Source of financing:
- Permits and applications: Terms of Reference, India MoEF, October 10, 2019
Articles and resources
- Terms of Reference, India MoEF, October 10, 2019