Maasstroom power station
|Part of the Global Gas Plant Tracker, a Global Energy Monitor and Center for Media and Democracy project.|
Maasstroom power station, formerly known as Rijnmond 2 or Rijnmond II by InterGen, is a 426-megawatt (MW) gas-fired power plant in Zuid-Holland Province, Netherlands.
The map below shows the location of the power station in Vondelingenplaat, Zuid-Holland Province, Netherlands.
Maasstroom was built by InterGen at Vondelingenplaat industrial and port facility. Castleton Commodities International (CCI) acquired the plant from InterGen in 2017. In 2020 CCI refinanced the plant to gain capital for European operations.
- Sponsor: Castleton Commodities International LLC
- Parent company: Castleton Commodities International LLC
- Location: Vondelingenplaat, Zuid-Holland Province, Netherlands
- Coordinates: 51.8901, 4.3520 (exact)
- Gross generating capacity (operating): 426 MW
Articles and Resources
- Siemens to build Rijnmond II, Power Engineering, Feb 5, 2008
- Castleton Commodities International LLC Acquires a Combined Cycle Power Plant in the Netherlands from InterGen, CCI, Jun 1, 2017
- Investec closes successful refinancing for CCI’s Dutch power platform, Investec, Apr 2, 2020
- Legal Entity Identifier (LEI) AOVEM1RRO0IA3N80EW96 Global Legal Entity Identifier Foundation, accessed January 2020
- Global Energy Observatory ID 44512, accessed January 2020
- ENTSO-E Transparency Platform, ID 49W000000000109Y accessed November 2019
- World Electric Power Plants database S&P Global Platts, June 2019