Madaotou coal mine
|This article is part of the CoalSwarm coverage of China and coal|
The undated satellite photo below shows the coal mine located in Xiaojingzhuang Township, Zuoyun County, Datong City, Shanxi Province, China.
Coal Mine Background
On July 1, 2019, the National Development and Reform Commission(NDRC) approved the Madaotou coal mine project located in Shanxi Datong Mining Area, with an approved production capacity of 10 million tons(Mt) per year, and a coal preparation plant of the same scale will be built at the same time. Prior to this, this project is an illegal coal mine that started construction without approval. The Madaotou Coal Mine is a replacement mine for the resource-exhausted mine. It was put into operation in 2017 and was approved by the National Energy Administration in July 2019.
- Sponsor: Datong Coal Mining Group Co., Ltd.
- Parent Company: Shanxi State-owned Capital Investment Operation Co., Ltd. (65.1664%), China Cinda Asset Management Co., Ltd. (30.1219%), Others (4.7117%)
- Location: Xiaojingzhuang Township, Zuoyun County, Datong City, Shanxi Province, China. 
- GPS Coordinates:
- Status: Operating 
- Production Capacity: 10 Mt/year
- Workforce Size:
- Coal Field: Datong Coal Field
- Total Resource: 3945Mt
- Mineable Reserves: 1527Mt
- Coal Type: Lignite
- Mine Size: 198．35k㎡
- Mine Type: Underground
- Start Year:2017
- Source of Financing: