Mafube coal mine
From Global Energy Monitor
|This article is part of the Global Coal Mine Tracker, a project of Global Energy Monitor.|
The Mafube coal mine is owned by Exxaro and Anglo American in Middelburg, Steve Tshwete, Nkangala, Mpumalanga, South Africa.
The map below shows the exact location of the mine.
The mine is owned and operated by Exxaro and Anglo American.
- Parent Company: Exxaro (50%), Anglo American (50%)
- Location: Mpumalanga Province, South Africa
- GPS Coordinates: -25.794651, 29.737834 (exact)
- Status: Operating
- Production: 3.6 million tonnes per year
- Total Resource:
- Mineable Reserves: 56.7 million tonnes
- Coal Type: Bituminous (Thermal)
- Mine Size: 29.57km2
- Mine Type: Surface, Open cut
- Mine Depth: 9-49 m
- Start Year:
- Source of Financing:
- Number of employees:
Articles and Resources
- Mafube Mine, Mining Data Solutions, accessed January 2021