Maisan Oil Energy power station
|Part of the Global Gas Plant Tracker, a Global Energy Monitor and Center for Media and Democracy project.|
Maisan Oil Energy power station also known as Maisan Combined Cycle Power Plant is a proposed 840-megawatt (MW) gas-fired power plant in Maysan Province, Iraq.
The map below shows the approximate location of the proposed power station in Al-Amarah, Maysan Province, Iraq.
Maisan Oil Energy power station is owned by the Maisan Combined Cycle Power Plant that Maisan Power Company (MPC), a subsidiary of Raban Al-Safina for Energy Projects (Rasep). It is being built by Citic Construction Co. German engineering firm Siemens won a contract to deliver two STG5-4000F gas turbines, one SST5-4000 I-L steam turbine, and three SGEN5-2000H generators for the project. Siemens stated that the station is expected to generate power starting March 2021, and would be fully operational by the beginning of 2022.
- Sponsor: Maisan Power Company
- Parent company: Raban Al-Safina for Energy Projects (Rasep)
- Location: Al-Amarah, Maysan Province, Iraq
- Coordinates: 31.8379, 47.1421 (approximate)
- Gross capacity (proposed): 840 MW
- Combined-cycle unit: 840 MW (to start 2021-2022)
Articles and Resources
- MsagarSiemens secures £252m equipment and services order for Iraqi power plant NS Energy, July 10, 2019
- As part of its long-term support to expand Iraq鈥檚 power infrastructure, Siemens has received an order to supply gas and steam turbines and generators as well as long-term power generation services for the 840-megawatt (MW) Maisan Combined Cycle Power Plant, located in Maisan Governorate in the southern region of Iraq. Both CITIC Construction Co., Ltd., the engineering procurement and construction firm building the plant, and Iraqi developer Maisan Power Company (MPC), part of Raban Al-Safina for Energy Projects (RASEP), which is owned by Raban Al-Safina Group awarded the contract valued at more than 284 million euros to Siemens.聽 Press release, accessed Nov 20, 2019
- Ranju Warrier Siemens wins $318m contract for Iraq's 840MW Maisan power plant Construction Week July 9, 2019