Manchester Civic Quarter Heat Network
|Part of the Global Gas Plant Tracker, a Global Energy Monitor and Center for Media and Democracy project.|
Manchester Civic Quarter power station is a 24-megawatt (MW) gas-fired power plant in Greater Manchester County, United Kingdom that is currently under construction.
The map below shows the approximate location of the proposed power station in Manchester, Greater Manchester County, United Kingdom.
Containing a 3.3MWe CHP engine and two 12-MW gas boilers, the energy centre will generate electricity, and harness the recovered heat from this process for distribution via a 2km district heating network, which will supply heat and hot water for government buildings.
- Sponsor: Greater Manchester Comb Auth
- Parent company: Greater Manchester Comb Auth
- Location: Manchester, Greater Manchester County, United Kingdom
- Coordinates: 53.4808, -2.2426 (approximate)
- Gross capacity (proposed): 24 MW
Articles and Resources
- Full Steam Ahead for Manchester’s Civic Quarter Heat Network, Vital Energy website, July 10, 2019.
- Heat networks, Greater Manchester Combined Authority website, 2019.