Mangala Development Pipeline

From Global Energy Monitor
This article is part of the Global Fossil Infrastructure Tracker, a project of Global Energy Monitor.
Sub-articles:

Mangala Development Pipeline is an oil pipeline in India.[1]

Location

The pipeline runs from the Mangala Processing Terminal (MPT) in the Mangala Oil Field of Rajasthan to the Bhogat terminal near Jamnagar in Gujarat, India.

Loading map...

Project Details

  • Operator: Cairn India (70%), Oil and Natural Gas Corporation (ONGC) (30%)[1]
  • Current capacity: 175,000 barrels per day
  • Length: 670 kilometers
  • Oil source: Mangala Oil Field, India
  • Status: Operating
  • Start Year: 2010

Background

The 24-inch pipeline has a capacity of 175,000 barrels per day (bpd). It is operated by Cairn India with 70% ownership. The remaining 30% is owned by the Oil and Natural Gas Corporation (ONGC). The project was approved by the Indian Government in December 2007. Construction on the project's first phase was formally launched in June 2008. The first phase was commissioned for commercial operation in June 2010. Construction of the remaining 49-mile (78.8km) section as part of the second phase began in the third quarter of 2012.[1]

In August 2015, Cairn India announced a Rs. 1,400 crore project that included an expansion of the existing pipeline from 200,000 barrels per day to 300,000 barrels per day.[2]

Articles and resources

References

  1. 1.0 1.1 1.2 Mangala Development Pipeline, Hydrocarbons-Technology, accessed September 2017
  2. Cairn to invest Rs. 1,400 cr to raise oil, gas carrying capacity, The Hindu Business Line, 26 Aug. 2015

Related GEM.wiki articles

External resources

External articles