Mangrol Valia coal mine
|This article is part of the Global Coal Mine Tracker, a project of Global Energy Monitor.|
Mangrol Valia coal mine is operated Gujarat Industries Power Company, owned by Government of Gujarat, in Surat, Gujarat, India.
The satellite image below shows the exact area of the mine.
Background on Mine
The mine is operated by Gujarat Industries Power Company, owned by Government of Gujarat. The Mangrol Lignite Mine began operation in 2009 and Valia Lignite Mine began operation in 2012.
- Sponsor: Gujarat Industries Power Company
- Parent company: Government of Gujarat
- Location: Surat, Gujarat, India
- GPS coordinates: 21.4167, 73.1 (exact)
- Status: Operating
- Production: 3.06 million tonnes per year (MTPA)in 2019 with Capacity of 4.2 MTPA.
- Total Resource:
- Mineable Reserves: 170.39 Mt
- Coal Type: Lignite (Thermal)
- Mine Size: 20.8 km2
- Mine Type: Surface, Opencast
- Start Year: 2009
- Source of Financing:
- Permits and Applications:
Articles and Resources
- Gujarat Industries Power Company,AKK Mangrol Valia Lignite Mine, Company Website, accessed January 2021