Marchwood power station
|Part of the Global Gas Plant Tracker, a Global Energy Monitor and Center for Media and Democracy project.|
Marchwood power station is a 840-megawatt (MW) gas-fired power plant in Hampshire County, United Kingdom.
The map below shows the location of the power station in Southampton, Hampshire County, United Kingdom.
In 2021 the project applied for 920 MW existing generation in the T-4 Capacity Market 2024-2025 auction, and they were listed in the final results. This would qualify them for government subsidies to guarantee electricity supply.
- Sponsor: Marchwood Power
- Parent company: SSE PLC (50%), Electricity Supply Board (ESB) (50%)
- Location: Southampton, Hampshire County, United Kingdom
- Coordinates: 50.8980, -1.4375 (exact)
- Gross generating capacity (operating): 840 MW
Articles and Resources
- T4 DY2024-25 Final Results, Electricity Market Reform Delivery Body, Mar 22, 2021
- Capacity Market Register 2024-25 (T-4) - 13_04_2021, Electricity Market Reform Delivery Body, Apr 13, 2021
- Capacity Market, United Kingdom, Mar 1, 2019
- Open Power Plants Database, ID g_48W000000MRWD-1P European Commission Joint Research Centre, version 0.91
- Digest of UK Energy Statistics (DUKES) United Kingdom Department for Business, Energy & Industrial Strategy