Marghera Levante power station
|Part of the Global Gas Plant Tracker, a Global Energy Monitor and Center for Media and Democracy project.|
Marghera Levante power station is a 766-megawatt (MW) gas-fired power plant in the province of Veneto, Italy.
The map below shows the location of the power station in Venice, the province of Veneto, Italy.
In 2019 Edison and Ansaldo Energia revealed plans to repower the plant. Once constructed, the new 780 MW turbine will replace the existing 766 MW unit.
In 2020 GE sent the new gas turbine to the plant site. Google Earth imagery also reveals construction has begun in 2020.
- Sponsor: Edison SpA
- Parent company: Electricite de France
- Location: Venice, the province of Veneto, Italy
- Coordinates: 45.4458, 12.2552 (exact)
- Gross generating capacity (operating): 766 MW
- Gross generating capacity (construction): 780 MW
Articles and Resources
- Edison and Ansaldo Energia announce an agreement that will make the Thermoelectric Power Plant of Porto Marghera the most efficient in europe: An industrial record-breaker, a virtuous example of the country’s energy transition, Edison, Mar 5, 2019
- Ansaldo unveils new GT36 turbine, produced for Edison CCGT in Venice, Gas to Power Journal, Nov 17, 2020
- Marghera Levante thermoelectric power plant | Edison
- Legal Entity Identifier (LEI) 549300X3UK4GG3FNMO06 Global Legal Entity Identifier Foundation, accessed January 2020
- Global Power Plant Database v.1.2.0, ID WRI1002905 World Resources Institute, June 2019
- Edison Ansaldo Energia Porto Marghera