Mari power station
|Part of the Global Gas Plant Tracker, a Global Energy Monitor and Center for Media and Democracy project.|
Mari power station is a 260-megawatt (MW) gas-fired power plant in the district of Larnaca, Cyprus.
The map below shows the location of the power station in Mari, Larnaca, Cyprus.
Mari is the first plant in Cyprus run by an independent power producer. Construction began in 2018 and has made slow progress (original completion was planned for 2021). In 2021 buildings can be seen on the site. Its supply of LNG will corm from the nearby LNG terminal scheduled to be completed in 2022.
- Sponsor: PEC Powerenergy Cyprus Ltd
- Parent company: Cyfield Group
- Location: Mari, Larnaca, Cyprus
- Coordinates: 34.729446, 33.282530 (exact)
- Gross generating capacity (construction): 260 MW
Articles and Resources
- Mari 260MW CCGT power plant, Cyfield Group, 2019
- Private power plant marks ‘new era for energy sector’, Cyprus Mail, Feb 16, 2019
- PEC: Power Energy Cyprus, Cyfield Group, accessed Mar 31, 2021
- Cyprus enters LNG era with FSRU groundbreaking at Vassilikos, S&P Global, Jul 10, 2020
- Investment Project EIPP-20191364 P.E.C. Powerenergy Cyprus, European Commission, Jul 15, 2019