Mariner East 2 NGL Pipeline
|This article is part of the Global Fossil Infrastructure Tracker, a project of Global Energy Monitor.|
Mariner East 2 NGL Pipeline is an natural gas liquids (NGL) pipeline in Ohio, West Virginia, Pennsylvania, Delaware, and Pennsylvania, United States.
The pipeline runs from Ohio, West Virginia, Pennsylvania, Delaware, through Pennsylvania, United States.
- Operator: Energy Transfer Partners
- Capacity: 125,000 barrels per day
- Length: 350 miles / 563.3 kilometers
- Diameter: 20-inches
- Cost: US$3 billion
- Status: Construction
- Start Year: 2020
According to June 2020 data from the U.S. Energy Information Administration (EIA), the pipeline carries propane, butane, and natural gasoline. Permitting issues need to be resolved before the full capacity (275,000 barrels per day) is available.
As of November 2020, construction was expected to be complete by the end of the year.<ref name=op>Janet McGurty, Energy Transfer's Mariner 1 pipeline to carry Midwest refined products to USAC S&P Global, November 25, 2020
Articles and resources
- Petroleum & Other Liquids, Movements, Energy Information Administration, June 4, 2020
- Mariner East: A pipeline project plagued by mishaps and delays, State Impact Pennsylvania, accessed Oct. 26, 2020